Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Father. Time. Beard.

I know that this is how long your beard is by now.
I have been SUCH a slacker. It's that time of year! Scampering like a squirrel? Writing more freehand then tip tap typing away as well. If my computer machine was a tiny little mac baby instead of a giant toshiba beast I would probably carry it with me and update more often. Let's not rest on such mechanical matters, true? We have bigger fish to fry! Such as: It's Autumn in NEW YORK. Honestly, the most beautiful time of year to be here. The leaves are changing, the sky is crisp.It makes me want to listen to orchestral jazz while walking down the street, going to see a play or the opera. Even just sitting outside the Met at night. Looking and listening. It's the romance aspect of my love affair with this city. I was making dinner for the kids on Sunday, in their Park Ave. Apartment, with picture windows overlooking the city. The family was out, except for Owen the 4 year old, who was working on art projects on the table in front of me. We had some lyrical jazz playing and I was joking with him in an Italian accent " Eh, Owen, why you nat a clean up a da mess, den you maka lifa so easy for me ah!?" He would laugh so hard. The food smelled good, the night sky was sparkling, and we were straight chillen. I took a moment to be like "Wow, there is not way that I can 'status update' this feeling." The combination of the city, the kitchen, the music, the love from sweet little Owen. Feeling cosy and at home, in a city I've always wanted to live with a four year old I didn't know just over a year ago. It's actually not a miracle at all, it's just so funny how the simple, natural things can feel so miraculous the moment we recognise them.

3 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

sorry missed your last couple of posts. happy fall.

katie said...

I NEED TO COME VISIT YOU NOW.

I wish you were'nt living in NYC while I am in INTENSE SCHOOL.

Stay for like, a year more? Pleeeease. I love you and I miss you.

Unknown said...

I love you too katie koo kamunga (who ever came up
with that wacky nickname anyway???)

we can always come here ANY TIME.

thanks Aunt Deb! happy fall to you tooo!!!!!!