Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taco Time

Well, someone informed me that my friend and I had our picture posted on a sight called "street boner" (i know.)The caption was "If your wondering what look to go with tonight, how about the smartest, funnest, healthiest people on the planet?" and the rating of Kittens out of 10 was 10 out of 10 Kittens. I smiled pretty big and was stoked. and then I read the pedestrian comments, and they were something like "pink pants needs to eat a burger, or five, and I'm so over her 'middle aged man' hair" "glasses looks like an asian man and who does pinky think she is with her ugly stick legs" it went on and on..shocking me at first, but then I laughed pretty hard later on at the "middle aged man" hair comment since when I brush my hair back like that, my Dad, who looks like Michael Douglas, loves it.. also, why fight nature? My hair does that naturally. I was always teased for being skinny, I guess it still gets peoples goat. Not everyone who is slim has an eating disorder, and not everyone who is slim loves themselves or feels confident. really though, what get's people who leave comments like that IS the confidence. I don't think a secure person would take the time to stir up the pot. I was teased really badly when I was young - I didn't even realise there was a "problem" until I wore my Dad's shorts to school one day (baggy clothes were "in") and everyone started pointing and laughing. That was when I was 9. Now that I'm 30, I don't let it bother me as much. Those who believe, don't know, and those who know....don't need to believe. We all pass judgement in little ways on the day to day, it's natural and it's human. To go the extra step and be venemous, however, is too easy. It doesn't take any extra dosage of wit to say something scathing and sarcastic. It does take an innovative mind to say something positive and constructive, to be funny without harming others. My Dad would say "It takes time to build a bridge; you need a vision, a blueprint, a crew, building materials. It takes only a few seconds to burn a bridge - all you need is a match."

1 comment:

katie said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I love you. And Dad.