Monday, April 6, 2009

Blues Fest

Ok - wow. First just let me say that if I knew how to do anything in the realm of blogland - k, ok, I know how to do some things - but if I knew how to post links to other peoples blogs this is the first one I'd send you to http://raidthafridge.blogspot.com/
Nicola Jane Youngs - never fails to amuse me and leave me in a state of natural marvel. also I'd send you to my sister Katies http://www.fanglifegem.blogspot.com/ because she's a stunner and there are sure to be a couple of shots of her up there and it makes me feel pretty awesome to say that we're related - like - hyper related - we're sisters Guy, so get in line. Spring is here and that is a great feeling. I've been drinking more water than anything else and doing Yoga which is also a god feeling. typo not to be fixed what what. Reading, going to bed early - and when up having backyard brooklyn jam sessions that give me perma grin and make me feel like I'm in a barn in Almonte. That's an owl from the town of Almonte. Truly. Katie and our family used to live off higway 5 on the Indian River. There was a waterfall running through right on our land. I was nearbye a couple of summers ago and wanted to pop by to vist but got too choked up - that place is ferngully - A place that belongs to no one, and needed to be passed on. On a side note, I watched that movie when I was 14, on acid, and it changed my entire perspective of life the world and the universe, also perhaps playing a great part in the reason why people call me a "hippie". I had also watched a Janet Jackson video on acid once and it disturbed me to no end with it's overt sexuality - I thought it was a joke - it was frightening, called "Do you want this". The answer is no. and for the record, I don't do acid anymore, but saw no real reason that I should hide it from you. In July, the Blues Fest comes to Ottawa - an outdoor music festival that should honestly just be called Fest, since it has 4 main stages and a number of smaller stages, and so many bands and musicians play that it can't just be classified as Blues. Last year I saw Lucinda Williams, Donna Summer, Snoop Dog, Widespread Panic, The Wailers - to name a few. People get these wristbands - that are fairly easy to "share" and "swap". Outside, balmy weather in the valley full of lakes and greeness, kicking it with all our friend. PARADISE PARADE. My peeps that are still back in Ottawa - hey, and even ones that dont live there anymore - are already speculating over the line up and getting passes. so far Arcade Fire (who I went to High School with) and Mary J (who I sang during HS) are confirmed. I just know it's going to be nuts. Gonna get my seester out here to the Nyc for a week bfor roadtripping down there. Thinking our good gal Maggie will drive, and perhaps we can get her on one of the stages to rock a few of her songs. A friend of a friends Dad books all the artists, and this friend of a friend shares the same September 13th birthday as I, so, being a "hippie" I figured we'd send over her "Kit" and it'd be a shoe in. It's looking like next year at this point though since it's all booked up. Leavin you with Maggie and Johnny, the lovely singers above that warm my heart and call the light from my soul - yeah yeah! Peace Out yall - happy springing from the hip hop hippie.

10 comments:

DETECTIVE PICKLE SMACK said...

thanks for the shout-out, honour/respek yo.

i just mastered links, i'll tutorial you soon.

yaa bluesfest, i haven't been since oh five.

funny i should peep your blog when i just wrote about janet also.

i remember going to see ferngully.

it was a girl named sarah's birthday party actually...i was in grade 1 so i think we were just high on pizza.

my brother says that doing acid when he was 13 made him the man he is today.

today he is teaching grade 3 about plants...

lucy said...

sal this made me laugh so hard. best entry ever! yay!

Sarah Tone In said...

nooo waaaay! hahaha. wow. cool. hey lucy, did you call me Sal? apparently my spirit guides call me Sally - well, a japanese clairvoyant told me that and so I am not sure if she said Sally or Sari.

katie said...

hilarious.

ditto thanks for the shout out. you're far too kind to me.

all i really want is to be travelling this summer...feasible? where WILL the money come from I ask you??

umm the password is UNICORN13.

Sarah Tone In said...

unicorn 13?
no way - your bluffing right?

well - that pretty much sums
up where the money will come
from - the enchantment of the
nature spirits!

You watch - it will come

oh, and my WV is

ambea

it was Dosine but I got navigated away from this page wamp

katie said...

sumilise

sumilise sister

katie said...

hybup!

i also just realised you probably googled a FRED GUY truck and that first graffiti truck was the first one you got.

xo

Sarah Tone In said...

true nuff orcou, thats what happened.

HAD to put it in there - toooo purrfect,

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

Sarah, thanks for commenting on the teens blog. he is reaching out. Thanks for reaching back.

katie said...

HEY UPDATE YO!