Friday, June 12, 2009

Landscapes

The lanscape of the mind is so important. What's the view? Is the garden being tended? Is it a highway scenario, concrete jungle, or green pastures? I love watching movies with landscapes - Lord of the Rings for example. I just find them so relaxing and soothing. The weather in NYC has been for the past week humid and misty with rain at night. On the news they said there was a fight in the beauty salon and maybe it was because "of all these bad hair days we've been having." It's silver misting out there. Which is why what's happening in the mind is so important. it is really so crucial to watch what we think and say because we create the landscape of what is happening in our daily lives by virtue of our script writing capabilities. Now more than ever. One of the little girls I babysit was diagnosed with Swine Flu. I saw that one coming! The Dad was googling it, finding out who had it, stressing about it, vocalising his worry, discussing the gravity of it. All I said was "It's just a regular flu that has been blown out of proportion." She's better now. The brother and sister were also fine. I just watched it all go down and refused to participate in becoming a point of attraction. All those hokey cliches like "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" Is where I'm at. When people ask me why I'm smiling, I don't usually answer, but I think to myself, it's because I have chosen to cherish every moment of my life, because I have chosen to be in graditude. Behind my smile is a serious tone. I'm serious about choosing joy, because crisis is imminent and this time of carefree freedom could perhaps be short. So I embrace the ambiguity of the moment with a lilt in my gait. Yes, a spring in my step. SHALAMAR is also helping tremendously. Make every night, A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!

2 comments:

katie said...

Oh wow. Yeah yeah yeah!

The picture of Phil Spector actually made me laugh into my bran flakes, thus spilling milk everywhere. Worth it.

Sarah Tone In said...

W.O.R.T.H IT worthit!

Phil Spector

household name?

uh, verification

tokshly